Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July All!

Hey guys. July fourth is one of my favorite holidays. For some reason or another I've become fairly patriotic over the past decade and I am so thankful for our freedom. It's definitely worth celebrating! For the fourth we had a BBQ and invited some neighbors. We had 76 people show up and almost got in big trouble when the MPs insisted that they saw fireworks... fireworks? What fireworks? Did anyone see any fireworks? "No sir, that must have been a car backfiring." All in all, it was a good week. I came down with a nasty case of pneumonia in the middle of June and was finally feeling better last week so it was nice to be able to be around a bunch of people after being house bond for a while. How was your fourth? Did you do anything fun? Hope to hear from you all soon.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I wish I that I could say that I did something interesting for the 4th. Sounds like you guys were the party house!!
I do have some other exciting news...
My sister Deanna had her baby on June 30. She was a little early, but doing ok. Her name is Grace.

Deanna said...

Yeah, the hospital wasn't very exciting on the 4th of July. Oh well, maybe next year.